Thursday November 10th we had a huge conversation on race, power, and the Gospel that was titled “Tapestry”. The vision and hope for the class can be found here: http://tucson.redemptionaz.com/tapestry-race-power-the-gospel/
Listen to the class below:
(we do apologize that the audio recording was unable to capture the totality of the class, we do pray that what is recorded below will spur you on to live all of life all for Jesus)
Part 1: Introductions and a vision for Tapestry by Dave Goffeney (00:00-10:56)
Part 2: Mele Martinez sharing her experiences through a poem (10:57-16:52)
Part 3: Warren Anderson sharing his story and experiences (16:53-42:13)
Part 4: Aaron Dailey addressing White Privilege (42:14-57:02)
Part 5: Panel of Aaron Dailey, Chris Amaro, Wayne Wynter, Jenny Bell, Joel Harris, Warren Anderson, and Dave Goffeney answering questions (57:03-1:23:24)
A Couple Recommended Resources:
- Free at Last? The Gospel and the African American Experience by Carl Ellis Jr.
- Letter from a Birmingham Jail by Martin Luther King Jr.
- “A Christian Response to the Black Lives Matter Movement” hosted by the Surge Network
- The Documentary 13th on Netflix
- Why Are All the Black Kids Sitting Together in the Cafeteria: And Other Conversations About Race by Beverly Daniel Tatum
- Here is the Spotify playlist we used for before and after the event as well: LINK